When it comes to top locations in South Africa, particularly inland, the city of Nelspruit and Mpumalanga province, are simply unbeatable. In Mpumalanga province itself is the renowned Kruger National Park; naturally, one of the biggest tourist attractions of South Africa and in Africa altogether.
Specifically in and around Nelspruit, there are several events and attractions. To name a few:
- Kruger National Park
- Nelspruit Botanical Gardens and Blyde River Rain Forest
- The Gold Mining town of Pilgrim's Rest
- Emnotweni Casino and Riverside Mall
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Quad Bikes and River Rafting in Hazyview
- Modern football stadium to match the natural surroundings of Nelspruit
- The Jane Goodall Institute, Chimp Eden, for rescued chimps across Africa
- Five Star Leopard Creek Golf Course
Nelspruit is well-connected by plane and by road from Johannesburg airport. Flights take approximately 45 minutes and driving takes about 3 hours. In fact, tourists often choose to stay over in Nelspruit rather than in Johannesburg, because of its better safety, its beautiful tropical environment, and its natural location as a gateway city to Kruger National Park.
Furthermore, given Nelspruit’s proximity to the western Mozambique border (~100km) and to Swaziland (~200km), Nelspruit and the Mpumalanga province frequently draws tourists visiting these countries.
Given Nelspruit’s prime location in the midst of everything, it’s easy to see the great value of the Pride Rock real estate and its upmarket development potential.
Kruger National Park
The Lowveld and Mpumalanga area